Reading corner.
I’m spending a lot of time reading lately.
Reading, reading and more reading. It’s as if I rediscovered it. Last year, I was doing field work where I was required to meet up with my group leader every couple of days and the place we would meet up at is the local library.
I never really set foot in the library much before and it’s a bit funny because the library is fairly new too.
It’s a beautiful building with plenty of light and commanding views and it even has a cafe in the bottom. So, it was something of a revelation to me that there was this very cool place I could go to and not only that libraries are much more modern now. Not at all as I remember them.
So, I’m a reader again which is a lot better than being a book buyer (and I’ve spent far too much money over the years on books).
So, what have I been reading?
Maybe that‘s something I can make a bit of a regular feature out of because truly it’s an eclectic list. The hard part is going to be remembering what I have checked out from the library over the last few months because I’ve checked out so very much!
This week though, let‘s talk about the book I just finished the other day.
It’s a book on a topic I found fascinating and if you are around my age you’ll probably find it fascinating too. Even if you’re not a peer in terms of age, if you have any love of comedy or the history of it, it’s a book worth checking out.
You can click through and listen to an interview with the author here as well as read an excerpt from the book. Or if you’re lazy just click on the window below:

No comments:
Post a Comment